Under the direction of the principal, manages the school cafeteria, which includes planning and preparing healthy, adequate and attractive meals for students; greets and interacts with public, work cooperatively with staff, students, parents, and volunteers.
Hours & Pay: $60 per day with potential bonuses outlined in the contract.
- Be in agreement with the school’s Statement of Faith, Conditions of Employment and Christian Philosophy of Education.
- Demonstrate the character qualities of enthusiasm, courtesy, flexibility, integrity, gratitude, kindness, self-control, perseverance, and punctuality as well as being a Christian role model.
- Maintain a personal appearance that is a Christian role model of cleanliness, modesty, good taste, and agreement with school policy.
- Coordinate all cafeteria functions in a timely and efficient manner. This includes but is not limited to food preparation, clean up, organization, and planning.
- Coordinate and establish a working rapport with all volunteers, staff, and parents ensuring an appropriate amount of help in serving students.
- Work with Principal and 5C Director regarding National School Lunch food program reporting, if applicable.
- Order all necessary food and supplies from vendors ensuring that they are available when needed and shop for groceries when needed.
- Comply with all standards mandated by the national school lunch program and the state health department, if applicable.
- Manage the cafeteria within the allotted budget, keeping all functions financially solvent using good stewardship principles.
- Plan and prepare quality meals for students, which will be discussed/evaluated monthly.
- Ability to handle confidential information with complete security.
Desirable Knowledge & Abilities:
- Previous experience working with students and parents.
- Ability to perform minimal bookkeeping procedures.
- Knowledge of kitchen practices and procedures.
- Ability to learn and interpret rules, regulations, laws and instructions.
- Ability to perform required cafeteria/kitchen work with accuracy and within established timelines.
- Ability to operate a variety of kitchen equipment.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please contact the office for more information OR download the Classified Staff Application and return it to the office!
Position open until filled!