Facilities Manager (Custodial & Maintenance)
Under the direction of the principal, the facilities manager is responsible for performing custodial duties, minor maintenance and other miscellaneous duties in order to ensure that the building and facilities are maintained in a healthy, safe and sanitary manner.
- Be in agreement with the CCS Statement of Faith, Conditions of Employment and Christian Philosophy of Education.
- Demonstrate the character qualities of enthusiasm, courtesy, flexibility, integrity, gratitude, kindness, self-control, perseverance, and punctuality as well as being a Christian Role model.
- Maintain a personal appearance that is a Christian role model of cleanliness, modesty, good taste, and agreement with school policy.
- Clean and care for buildings and facilities in order to ensure they are maintained in a safe and healthy manner.
- Clean office, classrooms, facilities * Mop tile and concreate floor areas * Vacuum all carpeted areas * Dust all furniture/fixtures a required * Wash/Disinfect all washroom floors, toilets, toilet seats, fixtures * Clean mirrors * Replenish toilet tissue and soap as needed * Empty all waste baskets and garbage can * Place garbage in outside storage bin * Clean entrance and exit including glass, doors and hardware *Keep outside area near exit and entrance clear of snow, cans, paper, etc. * Clean, ash and disinfect drinking fountains * Wash all finger marks from walls, doors, hardware and glass * Perform and/or report minor maintenance repairs * Clean kitchen sinks and counters * Report damages and acts of vandalism * Wash and buff floors with floor polisher * Wash entrance/exit floors *Spot clean walls and toilet partitions
- Maintain storage areas and cleaning equipment, materials and supplies in a safe and orderly manner in order to ensure the safety of staff and the public.
- Secure storage areas *Ensure cleaning materials and supplies are stored in a safe and orderly manner * Maintain an adequate supply of cleaning materials/supplies * Restock materials and supplies * Make note of the need for equipment repairs
- Exhibits adequate knowledge of workplace hazardous materials and properly labels as required
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES NECESSARY TO PEROFRMANCE OF ESSENTAIL FUNCTIONS:
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Successful work background.
- Ability to make decisions, solve problems and manage time with little supervision
- Knowledge of standard cleaning procedures/chemicals/products/equipment
- Knowledge of the Work Place Hazardous Materials Information System with ability to read/understand labels and instructions, particularly on the use and application of cleaning chemicals and products
**please fill out staff application