Community Christian School is an interdenominational school that provides an excellent educational option to the parents of the Platte Valley. CCS started in 1988 with 26 students, our current enrollment is approximately 130 students, Pre-School thru Sixth grade. The school is committed to a Christian Philosophy of education which would include: hiring Christian teachers, using Christian curriculum, daily Bible classes and integrating Christian character. CCS is approved under Rule 14 of the State Dept. of Education, therefore, it teaches all the core subjects of a typical school. All teachers are certified by the State of Nebraska. Other activities include choir, speech, spelling, geography and math competitions.
- Average class size is 17 students.
- Terra Nova Test score since 1990- 76th percentile – 2nd – 6th grade
- Hot lunch Monday – Friday $3.00/meal including milk, Milk is $.50 each.
- Parents are welcome and invited to eat with their child any time.
- After School care
- Members of Association of Christian Schools International
- Kindergarten – 6th are arranged into self contained classrooms
- Pre-school, Pre-kindergarten and Kindergarten are half days
- Generous tuition discounts for families with two or more children enrolled in 1st - 6th grade
STATEMENT OF FAITH
- We believe the Bible is the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative, inerrant Word of God.
- We believe there is one God, eternally existent in three persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the Deity of Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life and atoning death, His ascension to the right hand of the Father and His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a Godly life.
- We believe that in the beginning, God created man in a state of perfection to live in communion with Him. Sin separated man from God. The penalty of sin is death. Christ paid the penalty for sin with His own death on the cross. Each individual is called upon to trust (exercise faith) that Christ died for him/her.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
Raising a child is the most important task that faces parents. The responsibility can often be staggering. Children today face pressures much greater than a generation ago. We care about children and share the hopes and dreams and concerns of families involved in that delicate training. We seek to be a partner to help parents develop their children to become all they were meant to be. Community Christian School is committed to creating a total educational environment that develops confident children with the education, character, and vision to meet their world head-on.This non-profit corporation is resolved to maintain a Christian School for instruction of children in mathematics, English, reading, science, social studies, spelling, physical education, art and music in accord with the infallible and inerrant Word of God. Our goal is to encourage children to grow in grace and in the knowledge of God through our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, to train them in Christian conduct and morality, and to prepare children to become productive citizens who will be a positive influence in their community and country.
School Board Members 2017-2018
- Luke Stobel – President
- Derek Robinson – Vice President
- Kosha Johnson - Secretary
- Mike Clement - Treasurer